Thursday, December 18, 2014

Amazon/Kindle Pre-Order! - Cheap and Easy: Recipes for the Broke and Tired




Beautiful Baby
LAWD - finally! Book is out - Cheap and Easy: Recipes for the Broke and Tired. They say only write about what you know. So I did. 
Cooking for me has developed into a zen-escapism. I nearly starved my family as I prepared hundreds of meals for the week... while they waited until 7:00 or 8:00 at night... I just couldn't stop sometimes. Cooking was my escape. Cooking allowed me some control over a radish or a potato that I did not have over my classroom or my employer or the damned wireless connection. I could play Gipsy Kings and lose myself as I prepared Risotto or some-dish-with-red-sauce. Poor family. My patient husband supported my need to be alone despite his dropping sugar levels. Poor hubby.

I've relaxed since then, having moved to Maui, found a school which has a great, positive, uplifting environment and so much for me to do. I feel like I have purpose and God has granted me a second wind in this life. I now try to cook and have meals ready before dark. My loving husband does not want to miss his Hawaii sunset (who would - I mean, right?).

Anyway, please check out the book. Seriously. Mortgage is due next month.


Cheers!

Beautiful Mom
Handsome Son
Just trying to get through the day :)

No comments: